- Domain Education
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Limassol
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
Ukrainian Language teacher to start in August 2022
The Island Private School of Limassol in Cyprus is opening in September 2022 and looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Ukrainian Language and Literature.
We are in the process of planning our new school campus on a beautiful 50,000 m2 site that will include kindergartens, elementary and high schools, an international boarding school, and accommodation for teachers. This is a great opportunity to join a growing school on the cusp of a major turning point.
- To teach Ukrainian L&L classes (MYP 1-5);
- Provide meaningful feedback to students, parents and school administration;
- Plan, prepare and develop Ukrainian L&L curriculum and lesson plannings;
- Plan, prepare and assess student’s assignments (formative and summative);
- Create and maintain safe environment in class;
- Be willing to play an active part and collaborate with the other members of the school;
- Inspire and motivate students in the subject;
- Plan, create unit plans, teaching materials and resources that are appropriate to IB MYP standards;
- Be able to adapt teaching methods to support and drive the progress of students whose first language may not be English;
- Attend school meetings, trainings and collaborative planning;
- Collaborate with colleagues in the development of curriculum, assessment standardisation etc..;
- Effectively teach classes, drawn from a wide range of cultural and educational backgrounds, including students for whom English may not be their first language.
- B.Sc/Master’s Degree in Ukrainian Language and Literature or/and Education or relevant degree;
- Teaching Qualifications;
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience;
- Teaching experience in IB MYP and/or DP is desirable.
- Competitive salary;
- Contract for 1-3 years (could be renewable);
- Up to 20 lessons per week and time for collaborative planning;
- Medical insurance;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Relocation support.
- You are also required to provide details of two referees.
- Contract Type: Full time, One to Three Years
- Start date: 1st August 2022
- Cyprus regulations require applicants to have a university degree in education or specific subject (Russian Language and Literature) in this case.
To apply, please send your CV in English Language and a Cover Letter why you are interested in this position to [email protected] quoting in subject line: ‘’ Ukrainian L&L Teacher’’.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Zoom. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
The Island School of Limassol is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it