- Domain Supply Chain - Logistics
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Fixed period
- Location Amsterdam
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
This is what you tell people at parties 👋
I work at one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe. We have a high-performing environment and we get rewarded for all of our wins. We even made it to the list of the Financial Times top 1000 fastest growing companies. Together with Sendcloud, I am on a mission to empower businesses with world-class shipping. With more than 23,000 customers throughout Europe, and soon beyond, Sendcloud is the leading shipping solution in Europe.
Who are we looking for? 🧐
As a front-end developer, you will take part in architectural and design decisions together with UX designers, back-end developers, and other front-end developers to build accessible, performant, and beautiful user interfaces. Providing a good user experience is a core value of our front-end team. Part of your daily work at Sendcloud is a strong collaboration with our UX designers to create easy-to-use, accessible, and performant user interfaces. Sendcloud integrates various carriers and online stores in a fast and intuitive tool. While releasing early and often, we keep high standards for code quality and test automation. Ultimately, our responsibility lies in improving our users’ experience.
Work on our product is split across 4 domains, each with 2 - 3 cross-functional feature teams, focusing on different parts of our platform:
- Domain Scaling: focused on integration and interaction with our clients’ e-commerce systems on one side, and support of Sendcloud’s internal teams like finance, operations, marketing, and customer support, on the other side.
- Domain Delivery Experience: focused on improving the end-user experience with the checkout process, tracking and tracing of shipped parcels, and handling returns.
- Domain Efficiency: deals with data generated through a shipping process and efficiently processing an order into shipment within the workflow.
- Domain Carierrland: responsible for interacting with logistics service providers in order to optimize the process of carrier integration.
Apart from the above-mentioned, we have a Platform domain whose focus is to handle deployments and operations of our software, making sure our production is secure and stable. In there, our shared services team is responsible for building the accounts and authentication system and a large number of shared libraries used for integration. Also, the API enablement team is responsible for the maintenance and configuration of the API developer portal as an offering towards feature teams.
Our perfect match💗
- At least 4 years of experience in web development.
- You are fluent in authoring semantic HTML.
- You have a solid understanding of web accessibility concerns and the techniques involved in tackling them.
- Strong CSS skills focused on writing maintainable code and using layout techniques like flexbox and grid.
- Skilled with writing CSS from scratch, without a UI framework.
- Well-versed in CSS pre and post-processors (e.g. Sass, Stylus, LESS).
- Experience in writing unit tests, and knowledge of other testing techniques.
- Experience with module bundlers and their respective configurations to optimize both build and final project performance.
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with Vue.js.
- Knowledge of Python and any of its web frameworks.
- Understanding of Docker and its related technologies.
- You share our core values;
You share our core values;
- 💩 No bullshit: we don’t like big egos, we like honesty, transparency & openness. Share your mistakes with us and learn from them!
- 🎯 Grow & Win: Keep on learning and improving, from each other, mistakes and by actively searching for ways to keep on developing your skills.
- 🎠 Have fun: you are not afraid to be yourself and you love to be surrounded by your awesome colleagues!
Nice to have:
- Our front-end is written in VueJS, so, front-end development experience is a big plus.
- A DevOps mindset and knowledge of Kubernetes, Istio, and Grafana are a big plus.
- Working in an internationally oriented, fast-growing, certified Great Place to Work! 📌
- A good salary that grows with the company and your accomplishments
- After 3 years of employment, you get a sabbatical of 4 weeks from us
- Keep growing with a study budget of €2000,- per year!
- Stay fit in our Sendcloud gym!
- Pension scheme
- Discount on a health insurance
- Access to many different discount programs, shop til you drop! 🛒
We will assist you (+ partner) with relocating to ensure a smooth transition🏠
- We will help you to find accommodation before your starting date and cover the first €1500 of expenses (for hotel night fees/rent/deposit)
- We will arrange your flight
- We will help you out with your work VISA and applying for the 30% ruling (if applicable). Read here more about the complete process.
Curious about the application process? Check it here!
- Introductory Interview with Recruitment
- Technical Interview
- Take-at-home test
- Final Interview
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it