- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Senior Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Berlin
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
Do you want to develop and optimise a product used by millions of food-lovers? Do you enjoy being a member of a diverse Scrum team? Then we’ve got the role for you!
Our story (the bitesize version)
We’ve grown from an attic start-up to become one of the world’s biggest food delivery companies. As Just Eat Takeaway.com, we’re now active in 25 countries and 5 continents, serving millions of foodies every day.
Our recipe for success is all about tech. From product owners to software engineers and other specialists, the talented teams at our Berlin tech hub help us to innovate and grow.
All about the role
Joining our Android team you will drive the Android app development for our consumer platform. That means developing features and improving functionality. You’ll be involved in every stage of the process, working within collaborative Scrum team with colleagues based in multiple international offices.
Communication and collaboration are key parts of this role. You will be liaising with Product Owners, Designers and Analysts to discuss and implement new features, improve performance, and build appealing user interfaces in the Android app used by our customers.
As part of this varied role, we’re also counting on you to:
- Analyse product specifications, write high-quality code and ship it rapidly
- Conduct accurate unit tests and maintain CI/CD systems
- Assist our automation engineers in writing and maintaining UI tests
- Support team members on matters like pair programming and concurrency
- Take part in regular user research sessions
Can you deliver…
Think this role has the right ingredients for you? That’s phenomenal! Here’s what we’re looking for from our Senior Android Developer…
- A collaborative team player with a hands-on mentality
- Strong working knowledge of Kotlin (especially) and Java
- Passionate about staying up to date on the latest trends in architecture, tools and libraries
- Love to write clean, reusable and scalable code
- Experience in MVVM, Coroutines, Kotlin Flows, Room, Dagger
- Experience in an Agile environment and shipping large Scale Android Applications
- A flexible, detail-oriented and proactive approach to your work
- Fluent English language skills (written & spoken)
Here is our offer
Like salt and pepper or burgers and fries, we believe your expertise and great rewards should always go together. That’s why you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary and Hybrid working environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a role with an international impact
- Budget for personal development (e.g. conferences, internal & external training, including use of our Pluralsight subscription, LinkedIn Learning, O'Reilly books, etc...)
- Outstanding company events, including our annual Snow Event and Summer Party
- Office perks: Delicious tea and coffee, a spacious canteen and regular Friday drinks events
- Contribution to travel costs, ordering lunches and a pension plan
- Relocation support and German language courses for candidates from abroad
Ready to join our Android team? Click ‘Apply Now’ to send us your CV.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, or where you are from, you can find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture, encouraging diversity of people and thinking, in which all employees feel they truly belong and can bring their most colourful selves to work every day.
More about us
Want to know more about our company vision, culture or career growth opportunities? Have a look on our careers site.
- A 30min video screening call with a Talent Acquisition Specialist
- A 1hour video call with the hiring manager + another team member
- A take-home technical assignment to complete within a week
- A 90min follow-up technical video call interview with different team members
- An informal 30min "meet the team" video call with the team
- A 30min video call with the hiring manager's manager
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it