- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Berlin
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
Do you want to develop and optimize a product used by millions of people? Do you enjoy working on a product in a diverse Scrum team? Then we’ve got the role for you!
With over 98 million active users across 25 countries, here at Just Eat Takeaway.com, we’re a global food tech company, connecting our customers from Amsterdam to Auckland with the food they love.
But our recipe for success isn’t food, it’s tech. From software engineers to product owners, data analysts, user researchers, designers, and other specialists, the talented teams at our Berlin tech hub help us to innovate and grow!
All about the role
By joining our iOS team you’d be driving the iOS app development for our customer platform. That means developing features and improving functionality. You’ll be involved in every stage of the process, working as part of a collaborative Scrum team that focuses on specific areas of the app while collaborating with colleagues based in multiple international offices.
Communication and collaboration are key parts of our roles. You will be liaising with Product Owners, Designers, and Analysts to discuss and implement new features, improve performance, and build breathtaking user interfaces in the iOS app used by our customers.
In this varied role, you'll also:
- Analyze product specifications, write high-quality code and ship it rapidly
- Conduct proper unit tests and take care of accessibility features
- Assist our automation engineers in writing and maintaining UI tests
- Support team members on matters like pair programming
- Take part in regular user research sessions
Can you deliver…
Think this role has the right ingredients for you? That’s phenomenal. We’re also looking for:
- A collaborative teammate with a proactive, flexible, and meticulous approach to your work
- Finger on the pulse of the latest iOS/Swift trends
- Strong working knowledge of Swift and the iOS system frameworks
- Love to write clean, reusable, and scalable code
- You have experience as a professional iOS developer on multiple and different apps
- Experience with architectural patterns like MVVM and the SOLID principles
- The ability to give and receive useful, constructive feedback
- Fluent English language skills (written & spoken)
Here is our offer
Here at JET, we offer our colleagues the chance to develop and grow alongside top talent in one of the world’s leading food delivery companies. By providing a creative, dynamic and innovative environment, we empower our people and give them the ingredients for success.
Like salt and pepper or burgers and fries, we believe your expertise and great rewards should always go together. That’s why you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary and Hybrid working environment
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth with an international impact
- Budget for personal development (e.g. conferences, internal & external training, including use of our Pluralsight subscription, Linkedin Learning, O'Reilly books, etc...)
- Phenomenal company events, including regular Hackathons, our annual Snow Event, and Summer Party
- Office perks: outstanding view to the river Spree and The Oberbaum Bridge, Delicious coffee & tea, fresh fruits, Kicker, gaming consoles…and more
- Budget for ordering lunches and contribution to your pension plan
- Relocation support and German language courses for candidates from abroad and English language courses
As the icing on the cake, we have created an environment that:
- Values people over processes
- Offers you a healthy work-life balance
- Has a consumer-focused and research-driven approach
Ready to join our iOS team in Berlin? Click ‘Apply Now’ to send us your CV.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, or where you are from, you can find your place at Just Eat Takeaway.com. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture, encouraging diversity of people and thinking, in which all employees feel they truly belong and can bring their most colourful selves to work every day.
More about us
Want to know more about our company vision, culture or career growth opportunities? Have a look on our careers site.
- A 30min video screening call with a Talent Acquisition Specialist
- A 1hour video call with the hiring manager + another team member
- A take-home technical assignment to complete within a week
- A 1hour follow-up technical video call interview with different team members
- An informal 30min "meet the team" video call with the team
- A 30min video call with the hiring manager's manager
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it