- Domain Human Resources
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Wroclaw
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
Human Resources and Administration Manager
ensures that INTERSOS is a responsible employer, supports proper management of HR and assumes full responsibility for management of all administrative and legal issues in the mission. S/he works with the technical support of the HR Coordinator based in Italy for the management of National Staff (policies, strategies, rules and tools), designing, regularly updating and implementing internal regulations for the country. S/he supports HR and administrative management of international staff in Poland and in the region.
Preferably Wrocław or Przemyśl, possibility of partial remote work
Hierarchical: Head of Mission
Functional: HR Coordinator
Coordinate with: Country Finance Coordinator
- Application of labour legislation in force in Poland to INTERSOS operations; following legal amendments, regularly meeting with lawyer and other relevant authorities;
- Staff training and application of INTERSOS internal HR policies, procedures, tools, standards and principles of all staff (national, international, regional, etc.) regarding working conditions, benefits and remuneration, job profiles and function grids, health coverage, etc.,
- Adaptation of general INTERSOS procedures to the mission’s context, ensuring equitable, efficient, transparent, fair and accountable implementation by all relevant staff throughout the mission;
- In close collaboration with HR Coordinator, ensures regular administrative meetings with all staff throughout the mission take place in order to ensure they are aware and respect their rights and duties and to inform them of any change in Labour legislation and general employment framework which may affect them (e.g. legal amendments, changes in local practices, new HR Admin policies or procedures, amendments to Internal Regulations, etc.);
- Ensures that all functions and job profiles at mission level are aligned with the general INTERSOS and mission’s approved function grid and standard job profiles, and that any new function or amendment to an existing one (including significant changes in responsibilities and/or mixing existing functions) are requested in advance to HR Coordinator for previous validation. Identify deviations and shares them with HR Coordinator in order to draw an action plan in case corrections are needed;
- Ensures that national staff’s remuneration (salary, post adjustments, compensations, final settlements, etc.) and benefits (holidays, leaves, social coverage, health coverage, etc.) respect the mission’s salary grid, internal regulations and HR policies; executes payroll calculations and update personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely payments.
- In close coordination with the Country Financial Coordinator, ensures respect of national legislation regarding employees’ taxes and social security at mission level;
- Prepares employment and other contracts, in consultation with the legal advisor;
- Informs HR Coordinator of any legal risk is detected within their area of responsibilities and suggest actions to take in order to prevent it;
- Ensures application of safety and risk prevention measures as required by local legislation and INTERSOS standard procedures;
- Coordinates with the logistics department international and internal movements of staff in the mission, ensuring arrangement of the administrative issues (visas, tickets, dates of arrival/departure, etc.) and accommodation.
- Designs, implements and updates the National Staff Internal Regulations in line with INTERSOS standards and with the local Labour Law, in consultation with the legal advisor.
- Develops a standardized induction programme for National Staffs
- Designs, implements and updates the salary grid, in consultation with the HR Coordinator;
- In coordination with the mission sectorial coordinators (e.g. Head of Mission, Country Finance Officer, Logistics Coordinator, Project Manager) updates the mission’s organizational charts and the national staff’s Job Descriptions.
- Follows up on local training opportunities and staff capacity building plan for the national staffs in coordination with the Head of Mission.
Implementation and Monitoring
- Monitors implementation of the Internal Regulations through regular visits to project locations;
- Ensures an efficient filing system of all administrative files at mission level, granting strict confidentiality of employees’ personal files,
- Coordinates local recruitments (e.g.: prepares the Job Vacancies, applications screening and shortlisting, participates in interviews and oversees the whole selection process),
- Supports team management, including staff’s appraisal process and application of disciplinary measures.
- At least BA in HR Management, Administration, Social Science, Psychology, Social Work, or other related fields
- In-dept knowledge of Polish legislation related to employment of national and international staff essential, including of the social insurance and taxation system;
- Essential working experience of at least 3 years in HR Administration, desirable previous experience with NGOs,
- Fluency in both Polish and English essential, knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian as an asset,
- Essential computer literacy (MS Office package, internet),
- Great communication, teamwork and people management and development skills,
- High integrity and transparency,
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
Follow the link to apply:
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it