- Domain Hospitality
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Entry Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Kutchan
- Accommodation Yes
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
The housekeeper is responsible for cleaning properties to a high standard of cleanliness, observing all guidelines regarding infection control and local standards. . This position represents a genuine opportunity to work for a growing, aspirational brand in the luxury travel industry with the possibility of repeat employment, promotion and full-time contracts for exceptional individuals.
- Housekeeping and cleaning of properties
- Ensures the proper maintenance of all equipment; makes arrangements for repair and/or replacement of used and damaged equipment.
- To report any maintenance problems observed either in property or around the office immediately to the Facilities Manager, making sure that all the properties are in fully working order before being released to guests/owners.
- To ensure that linen is of the standard required and ensure distribution within the properties.
- To maintain a professional and helpful attitude whilst on duty towards guests, suppliers, visitors and colleagues.
- To perform annual reviews of appliances, kitchen utensils and bedding in each property, making recommendations for items that need replacing.
- When not busy with housekeeping work in quiet times, to assist with other general hospitality tasks.
- Ensures that all guest complaints are handled efficiently and politely.
- Performs any other duties or tasks as assigned by the management.
Skills we are looking for
- Ability to lead a team by example, provide motivation and deal with challenging situations.
- Organized and well-presented with an excellent eye for detail.
- Physically fit and able to cope with the demands of the role.
- Full, clean driving license valid in Japan and held for at least 2 years with regular driving experience.
- Ability to work with Japanese vendors.
- Previous employment / extensive relevant experience in a comparable hospitality environment demonstrating excellent guest service skills. (5-star hotel preferred).
- Previous position of team leadership and management.
- Tertiary education, a degree in hospitality preferred.
- Two-year experience in hospitality, with a focus in the luxury industry, preferred.
Work hours: 40 hours per week average. Roster will be made based on resort occupancy and hours variable dependent on the schedule of guests and the tasks requiring completion each day – the role will not always follow a routine pattern of hours and as such will include work on weekends and public holidays.
About H2 Group
H2 Group has been at the forefront of innovation in the Niseko region since 2003. Since that time, we have expanded our operations to become a full-service consultancy offering project management, real estate services, property management and hospitality management. We are a tight-knit, international team spread across offices in Niseko and Furano. Please see: https://www.h2life.com/
As a H2 Group employee, you will be joining a service-driven team that is committed to outstanding performance and results. We are equally committed to our employees as a team, and to the joys of living and working in Hokkaido’s amazing alpine environments.
Our mission is to create sensational memories for our owners, guests and clients.
What we offer
- Salary is ¥1,300 - ¥1,500 per hour
- Performance-linked bonus scheme.
- Company uniform will be provided.
- Pension and healthcare.
- Japanese working visa sponsorship (Sponsorship available to certain candidate).
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it