- Domain Education
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Entry Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Woodridge
- Accommodation No
- Salary 18 - 20
- Verified company Yes
To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in providing
1:1 or small group instruction for students with autism, developmental, and cognitive delays.
• Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or
skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
• Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing learning materials and
skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and
• Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified
• Completes paperwork and documentation as assigned including daily data tracking and behavior
• Alerts the certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
• Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods, and on field trips.
• Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, toileting, and clothing
• Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in the school
environment and community.
• Participates in in-service training days as scheduled.
• Maintains safe working environment and encourages colleagues to be safety minded in the
performance of all school-related duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- ISBE and/ or NCLB Paraprofessional Certification or Type 39 Certification.
- First Aide/ CPR Certified.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Federal background check clearance
- Hearing and vision within the normal limits
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it