- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Mid Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Waterloo
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
Software Developer C++
We are seeking a highly capable Software Developer to develop innovative technical solutions that support EastNets’ strategy and address the base software requirements of EastNets’ customers.
You will actively support and offer advice to other functional teams within EastNets, while working in a team-based environment.
In this role, you should possess thorough understanding of systems’ development cycle, strong team coordination and communication skills, proactive approach to problem solving, and systematic approach and focus on problem identification and resolution.
The following are the responsibilities and tasks that you will be carrying out for the company if you are hired:
· Participate in collecting, reviewing and analyzing users’ requirements.
· Participate in the development and documentation of system specifications.
· Participate in defining the system architecture of the application.
· Provide estimates of the development activities as input to the project plans.
· Participate in the development, installation, and integration of Software systems.
· Write, modify, integrate, test, and maintain software codes according to the industrial best practices and the ones defined within the group.
· Work with the Technical Support, and QA teams in defining test cases, and help resolve technical issues.
· Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
· Develop technical documentation for installation, operation and maintenance of EastNets products.
· Prepare reports on the status of the development activities.
· Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for EastNets products.
· Research and evaluate different technologies and solutions.
· Perform POCs and make technical recommendations.
· Test and evaluate new technologies; recommend and participate in developing enhancements for existing systems.
· Provide 3rd and 4ᵗʰ level application support to resolve customer issues within the scope of EastNets products.
· Mentor junior members of the development team.
· Create and develop tools for internal or external use, that shall add value to EastNets products.
The candidate should have the following qualifications/requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years hands-on experience in IT Software Development - C/C++ programming languages.
- Degree, Diploma or relevant international technical qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant Engineering field.
- Extensive experience in developing applications in C/C++ programming languages.
- Extensive experience in developing RDBMS based applications, such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL and/or IBM Db2.
- Extensive experience in SQL statements and stored procedures using Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL.
- Experience in developing C++ application under Windows and Unix.
- Knowledge of UML and software modeling.
- Good knowledge of OO analysis and design.
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of networking programming (TCP/IP Protocol) and security.
- Parallel programming and application multithreading.
- Software integration design and implementation skills.
- Experience in the SCRUM development methodology.
- Experience in software source-control and continuous integration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop skills, work effectively with the team dynamics and achieve goals.
- Customer relationship and communication skills.
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments.
- Ability to work individually and in teams in a challenging environment.
- Proven track record of achieving set objectives within an agreed time frame.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Windows or Unix shell scripting is a major plus.
- Knowledge of financial software, SWIFT, AML or compliance is a major plus.
- Experience in Reporting engines such as Crystal Reports or Jasper Software technology is a major plus.
- Experience in Db2 is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java is a plus.
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it