- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Entry Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Waterloo
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER
We are looking for a dedicated QA Officer to be responsible for providing quality assurance and testing services to EastNets products and projects.
In this role, your duties will include participating in managing the full test life cycle; reviewing product requirements, developing quality and test plans, creating and reviewing test case specifications, executing test cases/scenarios, documenting defects and analyzing results for each testing cycle. You will also be responsible for ensuring that product quality is built into all product releases.
The following are the responsibilities and tasks that you will be carrying out for the company if you are hired:
- Contributing to the development of quality and test plans.
- Managing, reviewing and updating test cases specifications and test procedures.
- Defining and executing different testing types.
- Testing developed applications (core/complex components) as per test cases and test plans.
- Reviewing test execution results with other QA team members.
- Reporting the progress, test results, test coverage and status for all project stakeholders.
- Managing bug life cycle by reviewing, prioritizing and tracking defects until proper closure (closed, deferred).
- Approving the delivery of internal and external application releases.
- Maintaining up to date test artifacts.
- Ensuring the product releases adhere to the product functional specifications, performance requirements, security requirements, GUI and usability standards.
The candidate should have the following qualifications/requirements:
- 2-4 years of testing experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Independent and capable of resolving and identifying product issues.
- Good time management and respecting deadlines.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of test automation processes and test automation tools.
- Knowledge of database queries, different application servers, and web/Windows services.
- Ability to read source code in different languages and ability to write test scripts.
- Knowledge of desktop, web applications and MS Office.
- Knowledge of all test concepts and full testing cycle.
- Knowledge of software project life cycle and project methodologies.
- Knowledge of all testing types.
- Good business writing skills.
- Good testing estimation skills.
- Knowledge of bug cycle and defect reporting tools.
- Knowledge of test case management tools and other testing tools.
- Good communication skills and team work spirit.
- Good knowledge of Windows and/or Unix operating systems.
- Unix or Windows scripting is a major plus.
- Team Spirit
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it