- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Entry Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Waterloo
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
JUNIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Software Java Developer is responsible for developing innovative technical solutions that support EN strategy and address the EN customers’ base software requirements. The Software Java Developer will work in a team environment and will actively support and offer advice to other functions within EastNets. The position requires:
- Very good understanding of systems development cycle
- Strong team coordination and communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Systematic approach and focus on problem identification and resolution
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the collection, review and analysis of user's requirements.
- Participate in the development and documentation of system specifications.
- Provide estimates of the development activities as input to the project plans.
- Participate in the development, installation, and integration of Software systems.
- Write, modify, integrate, test, and maintain software code according to the industrial best practices and the ones defined within the group.
- Work with the I&S, TS and QA teams in defining test cases and help resolve technical issues.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for Eastnets Products.
- Perform POCs and make technical recommendations.
- Test and evaluate new technologies; recommend and participate in developing enhancement, for existing systems.
- Provide 3rd and 4th level application support to resolve customer issues within the scope of EastNets products.
- Create and develop tools for internal or external use that will add value to EastNets products.
- Maintains the security of the information, devices and systems that EastNets, and its personnel, customers and partners use.
- Protects EastNets business information and any customer, supplier or partner information within its custody by safeguarding its confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Bachelor degree or diploma or relevant international technical qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant Engineering field or extremely motivate person with self-learning experience in Java.
- Experience in developing Java Web applications.
- Experience in developing RDBMS based applications.
- Knowledge in UML and software modelling.
- Good knowledge in OO analysis and design.
- Software integration design and implementation skills.
- Experience in the SCRUM development methodology.
- Experience in software source control systems and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop skills, work effectively with the team dynamics and achieve goals
- Ability to work alone and in teams in a challenging environment.
- Proven track record of achieving set objectives within an agreed time frame.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience in Linux environment
- Knowledge of financial software, SWIFT, AML or compliance is a major plus.
- Experience in SQL statements and stored procedures using Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL
- Experience in Reporting engines such as Crystal Reports or Jasper Software technology is a major plus.
- Extreme motivation for software development. Positive attitude, be able to work under pressure.
- Willingness to learn new technology.
- Willingness to share his new learn/project/idea with all the team.
- Be able to demonstrate personal project even if it is done with different technology.
- Ability to solve issue using what’s available on the net
One or more of the followings:
- JAVA/J2EE/ JSF
- Database engines (Oracle, SQLServer)
- Cayenne ORM or equivalent
- Kafka / Zookeeper (knowledge)
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it