- Domain IT Software
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Senior Level
- Type of contract Fixed period
- Location Bucharest
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
At Axway, we are connecting individuals, systems, businesses, and ecosystems as peers of each other. That means we need to make billions of transactions and data transfers across the Internet secure, understandable, predictable, and manageable for our customers.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited about applying to Axway. To help you understand more about who we are and what we value, you can start with our culture and values, which are articulated in our R&D Manifesto.
What’s the opportunity?
We are building our next generation API Management and microservice management platform. We are building a hybrid multi-cloud solution that manages API traffic in all directions, leveraging istio.io and Envoy at its core, providing end to end visibility and security across all APIs and microservices.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer.
What will I be doing?
● You will be part of an agile team where you will lead design and maintenance for Axway’s API Management platform. Focusing on key elements such as reusability, scalability, maintainability, and security
● Work closely with the product managers, architects, and other cross-functional stakeholders to translate overall product requirements into well-designed, implemented, and documented software
● Participate in team sprints where tasks will include scoping, detailed design, estimation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and support
● Deliver good quality code, the code you write will consider functional and non-functional aspects. Your code will pass peer review, will have good test coverage, and any code checked in will always be cleaner than when you checked it out.
● You will take the lead on product features. You will be responsible for the design and delivery of product features. You will interact with customers and product management to understand the market and customer requirements. You will deliver features that are functional, but also maintain the security, performance and availability criteria.
● You will collaborate with your team and other stakeholders. You will mentor your teammates and be an active participant in code reviews. You will work with other teammates and know how to have fun with them.
What skills will I need?
● Ideally, you’ve built a SaaS offering in your previous roles
● You have 10+ years of experience as a software engineer and have delivered work into the hands of end users through continuous deployment. You are no stranger to DevOps culture.
● Experience with building, testing and deploying microservices
● You have proven technical leadership with a minimum of 5 years in a professional senior technical role such as technical lead or senior developer.
● You can demonstrate that you have had significant impact on the product, people, or process in previous roles.
● You have played a role in design and architecture of software.
● You have worked in an agile environment which has embraced pair programming, and continuous integration.
● BS/MS in Computer Science, IT or Engineering required
You will score bonus points if you can show any of the following:
○ expertise in performance tuning and optimization, profiling, and bottleneck analysis
○ knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, and routers
○ knowledge of container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes
○ knowledge of Elasticsearch, Kafka, AWS
○ API design best practices
Employee career development is one of Axway’s major company values; and we are deeply committed to helping them leverage the promotion and job mobility opportunities that are right for them.
This is what our candidates can expect from us if they choose to join our team:
- A personal development plan (technical, product & functional) in order to insure your integration and your performance
- Competitive remuneration package and real benefits
- Potential for growth in an international company
- Friendly working environment with experienced professionals
- Flexible working hours when need
- Extra paid vacation days
- Open games area – table tennis, sports and more!
In addition, Axway’s global presence creates opportunities for geographical mobility both within Axway subsidiaries.
- Customer Focus
- Constant Improvement
- Flexible work schedule
- Additional vacation days (more than 21 days)
- Gym subscription
- Meal tickets
- Health Insurance
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it