- Domain Engineering
- Availability Full-time
- Experience Senior Level
- Type of contract Indeterminate term
- Location Remote
- Accommodation No
- Salary To be determined
- Verified company Yes
Our Backup team needs an experienced backup engineer with good knowledge and interest in automation, in how things collaborate and integrate.
In Cegeka we develop, implement and manage IT applications and infrastructure for medium-sized and large organizations. We overcome challenges for clients in the healthcare, social security, retail, public, industry, logistics, and financial sectors.
The Backup team offers managed backup services to all customers of Cegeka, including Cegeka’s internal solutions and employees.
What does the job involve?
- Contribute to the further expansion of the service provision together with the senior engineers in the team.
- You ensure that documentation, instructions, procedures, and knowledge are kept up-to-date.
- You will eventually determine the standards and best practices for the infrastructure/applications in order to be able to offer a sustainable solution in line with the expectations of the customer.
- You contribute to the automation of operational tasks that are currently done manually.
- Develop scripts and create products that interact with all sorts of systems in order to meet automation requirements and ease the backup process.
- Maintain source code, follow up on code issues & bugs.
- Enable and enhance continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline for backup infrastructure as code.
- Identify areas that can be made more efficient through automation, supervise the backup process to be sure that everything works flawlessly, document the entire process.
- Together with your colleagues, you are on standby on a rotation basis to provide 24-hour service for the backup infrastructure.
Who are we looking for?
- More than 3 years of experience with at least one of the following backup technologies: Commvault, EMC NetWorker, VEEAM, NetBackup.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts like server operating systems, database enterprise applications, networking (TCP/IP & communication: LAN/WAN/VPN), virtual server platforms, public cloud, monitoring tools (e.g. Zenoss/ SCOM), as well as ITIL processes.
- Good hands-on knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux and Windows)
- Proven proficiency with scripting languages (Python/PowerShell/Bash/…)
- Continuous improvement is like second nature to you. You feel comfortable in exploring improvements that can be implemented in the day-to-day activity of the team.
What we offer you:
- 22 Annual Vacation and 6 bonus days (that are not carried over the next year).
- 13th salary bonus at the end of the year.
- Monthly budget of 475 RON gross and choose to invest in: meal tickets, private pension, and insurance packages, holidays packages, gifts, cultural and entertainment activities, alongside exclusive offers from + 2000 providers.
- Private health insurance package for services covering prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- You can access an operational car leasing contract by supporting a fixed monthly instalment that covers all operation costs of a car and other additional services (insurance, maintenance, repairs, and administrative cost).
- Sports Partnership with 7 Card and Oxygen in Iasi.
- We do everything we can to help our employees grow and use their strengths through a facilitated personal development plan (Training Budget, Certifications in line with well-known vendors).
- Wellbeing at the center - we know that there is more to our lives than our jobs, therefore we make sure to tackle wellbeing aspects of our day-to-day lives through specialized sessions, webinars, and internal programs according to our employee's input.
- In close cooperation is a value we live by, through #MomentsThatMatter: monthly hangout parties, team buildings, gamified online experiences.
- Ask questions about the job before you go to an interview
- Don’t leave your original passport and ID to employers
- Don’t make any requested payments
- Research the recruiter and the company
- Read the contract before you sign it